To apply, click here.
The Lexington Institute is excited to announce a second class of Lexington Education Leadership Award Fellows. The LELA fellowship is an exciting 6-month program designed to expose district superintendents to personalized learning and facilitate the first steps to implementation. The small group of ten district superintendent LELA Fellows will be given an immersive experience to support each district’s vision creation for personalized learning as well as resources to create a strategic framework for implementation. Specific benefits include:
- 30 Finalists will be selected to attend the iNACOL Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida November 8-11th and participate in a specialized track
- Technical Assistance, strategic resources, and support provided by Education Elements to develop a custom PL Framework
- Access to the online LELA Community of Practice forum to share resources & pose questions
- Celebration dinner and awards ceremony in Washington DC for LELA Fellows with nationally recognized Personalized Learning Speakers
- Lexington Institute’s district spotlight profiles and videos to highlight the LELA Fellows in national publications
- Mentorship from district leaders already personalizing learning in their districts.
To read more about the first class of LELA fellows, see here.
Who Should Apply?
District superintendents already exploring personalized learning options for their districts. These districts may have made technology investments or have near-term plans to update technology within their districts, providing the needed foundation for personalization. Applying districts may have informal blended/personalized learning programs, but superintendents are looking to systematize a personalized learning rollout and provide significant district support to implementing schools.
What Time Commitments Should I Be Aware Of?
LELA finalists will attend iNACOL in Orlando, Fl November 8-11th. During the course of the fellowship, each district will participate in one on-site meeting with their leadership team (4 hours) as well as one off-site meeting with your leadership team and other districts. LELA fellows are also expected to attend the DC Showcase and Celebration in June 2016 (Date TBD). Travel expenses to be covered by the Lexington Institute.
In addition, LELA fellows will participate in 1-2 calls per month.
|Application Process Opens||July 16|
|Applications Due||August 26|
|Finalists Notified||September 14|
|Finalists Attend iNACOL||November 8-11|
|LELA Awards Announced||December 11|
How to Apply
Applications are due by midnight PT on August 13th. Please fill out the google form here in its entirety to be considered.
Find Archived Articles: