The Lexington Institute, a non-profit public policy think tank focused on education reform, presents the Lexington Education Leadership Award (LELA) Fellowship. The LELA fellowship, launching simultaneously with Education Elements’ Personalized Learning Summit, is an exciting 6-month program designed to expose district superintendents to personalized learning and facilitate the first steps to implementation.
The small group of ten district superintendent LELA Fellows will be given an immersive experience to support each district’s vision creation for personalize learning as well as resources to create a strategic framework for implementation. Specific benefits include:
- Attendance to a specialized track for LELA fellows at the Education Elements’ National PL Summit with school visits, access to district leaders in the field discussing their work, as well as key personalized learning thought leaders sharing perspectives. (May 7-8, 2015 San Jose, CA)
- Technical Assistance and strategic resources and support to develop a custom PL Framework
- Access to the online LELA Community of Practice forum to share resources & pose questions
- Celebration dinner and awards ceremony in Washington DC for LELA Fellows with nationally recognized Personalized Learning Speakers
- Lexington Institute’s district spotlight profiles and videos to highlight the LELA Fellows in national publications
Who Should Apply?
District superintendents already exploring personalized learning options for their districts. These districts may have made technology investments or have near-term plans to update technology within their districts, providing the needed foundation for personalization. Applying districts may have informal blended/personalized learning programs, but superintendents are looking to systematize a personalized learning rollout and provide significant district support to implementing schools.
What Time Commitments Should I Be Aware Of?
The following timeline shows key dates over the April 2015-November 2016 time period. Two key dates are aligned with national conferences which LELA fellows must be able to attend. Travel expenses to be covered by the Lexington Institute.
Interested in applying? Please fill out a short application due by 3/18.
Find Archived Articles: